Monday, May 20, 2013

The Mystic School Spiritual Center

  A few weeks before I came to Mysore, India I was in my room back home doing my meditation the way I always do...First 10 minutes I'm shopping, beating myself up, dreaming about Cadbury eggs, scrambled eggs, over easy eggs, Cadbury eggs.....Cadbury eggs...You see how it goes... I find a little silence for a few minutes and then I start seeing bright blue lights and getting little messages from Spirit.  You can imagine to my surprise when I saw myself practicing yoga with someone other then Saraswathi or Sharath.  It freaked me out so much I just pushed it away and didn't tell even the dog what I had been given from the guides. It's not surprising considering FEAR really stands for "Fuck Everything And Run". I compartmentalized it and pushed it way out of my head until just a few days ago.

  The day I arrived in Gokulam, Mysore all I did was walk past the Jois Shala and something just didn't feel right to me.  It wasn't bad or terrible but I just wasn't feeling like I was going to be practicing there.  On my walk through Gokulam I kept seeing a sign that said Mystic School. The sign said nothing else other than Mystic School. It's not a huge sign and it's not even right out in front of you as you're walking by.  It's just a little yellow and blue sign that says Mystic School on the side of the street.  Several times a day I would walk Gokulam and see this sign and feel good.  I would walk past the Jois Shala and still feel that same previous feeling of practicing somewhere else.   I researched and did some looking around and to my surprise it's a spiritual center and school of Ashtanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama, and Energy Work.  I went to my room where I'm staying and sat with my guides (Spirit) and meditated on this to see what came through.  After about an hour I contacted the Mystic School Spiritual Center for an appointment to talk about my yoga and spiritual practice.
The Mystic School Sign

  This morning I woke up and felt good about my decision to talk to the Mystic School Spiritual Center.  I met with Jaiprakash who greeted me with a kind smile and a seat.  We talked for a little bit and I signed up for a full month of practice.  Jaiprakash was a student the honorable BNS Iyengar who directly studied Ashtanga Yoga under Krishnamacharya and Yogasanavisharada.  After our talk I felt even better about my decision.  I can continue to practice under Jaiprakash after my month is up or I can go and practice at the Jois Shala. I am definite that there is a bigger Universal reason for my path and it's direction.  I am a student always and I have an undying love for all of my teachers. This will just be another learning lesson in my human experience.  I do believe it's the Yoga that's the true teacher.  Our connection with God through that process is what makes our vibration elevate to a greater understanding.  I'm so grateful for all my teachers and even more grateful to be their student in this lifetime and hopefully many more.
  

3 comments:

  1. I'm grateful you have the choice and are doing what you love. We love you and are proud of you.

    It is raining here also and I promise there will be Cadbury eggs as well as chicken eggs here when you return home.

    Keep in touch & is there a way to contact you (a number)?

    We love you,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. JP - I'm so proud of you and so inspired by you! I love reading about your adventures in Mysore - thank you for keeping us all informed! You've even inspired me to get my lazy grad school butt back into yoga. I created a meditation/yoga area in my apartment and I'm practicing in the mornings. Miss you!

    Love
    Buffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gifted & natural healer has been Sai S. Suresh who have had no instruction but the divine power bestowed in her and the Guidance and Blessings she has constantly been getting from Baba making her to be an excellent healer.Spiritual Healer in india|Pranic Healing in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete