Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fuck Luck How About Hard Work

Buddies
  I will tell you that I am a very fortunate and blessed individual.  I was raised in a family with great siblings and parents that worked hard to give us what we needed.  Of course there is the usual family dysfunction but that's in every family.  My friends, family, spouse, dog, and Universe have been very good to me and I have been blessed with a good life.  Please hear me when I say I am truly appreciative and grateful.

  This morning I received and email from a gentleman who used to take a few of my classes and has been following me on Facebook and my blog while I'm in India.  This individual wanted to tell me that he hoped I knew how "lucky" I was to be on the journey I was on.  He went on to tell me that not everyone could do what I'm doing and he didn't want me to take my experience for granted.  He wanted me to take time out of my day and thank the good Lord for the "lucky" life I had received....  I am a student first and always but I cannot ignore the fact that a small part me is a teacher as well....  Here's a little lesson on luck.

Luck by definition: Success apparently brought on by chance rather than one's own actions.

Mr. and Mrs. and baby goat
  My success in my trip to India and my career as a yogi, intuitive, and energy worker has nothing to do with luck.  I have spent several months over the last 3 years away from my family, spouse, dog, and friends working my ass off to get to where I am right now.  I loved every minute of it so do not think I am complaining.  I wouldn't change a thing.  I'm just saying that this wonderful life I am living has nothing to do with the "lucky" life the good Lord gave me.  I am also a firm believer that if little ole me from Morganton, NC can work hard and live the kind of life I'm living so can anyone else.  God gives each and every one of us the gift of Free Will.  It's the right to make decisions good and bad that get us to the places in our life where we can benefit from a higher god like vibration.  It's by being selfless and helping others and constant work.  There is no such thing as coincidence or "by chance"... That being said...  I'm here living a great experience that I am so very grateful for and would not change for anything.  I am also away from my friends, family, spouse, dog and home for 4 months in a developing country where you see hunger, sickness, greed, poverty, and the most beautiful people you can ever imagine continuing to work hard and love what I am doing.  It is not easy but again I am so grateful....Not "lucky".  I wouldn't change a thing but I will give myself, friends, family, and spouse the credit we all deserve in the hard work we have all accomplished for me to experience my life and this experience...  Not chance...not luck...not coincidence...just hard work and unconditional love.

  I will end with one thing.  To the guy who was addressing my "ego" and my soul in order to make sure I am being appreciative of what the good lord has given me I have this to say...(stepping out of the higher self)....Take your luck... drop the L... add an F... and you can have it back.


Namaste.

P.S. If you don't like my pictures...Don't tell me...I don't care...India's not Julia Roberts and silver beaded malas...Get over yourself...


Guru's coconut stand



Idly vada




8 comments:

  1. You have earned your spot in the universe. Enjoy, learn and grow. The pictures educate us about the people and places you are exploring. I appreciate them, good, bad and ugly. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh - That's the JP I know and love. You are lucky....lucky to be smart enough to work your butt off for everything you've earned.

    And I love your pictures. They are India. And the food is making my stomach rumble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norma...I miss you guys..Can't wait to come back and see you guys..

      Delete
    2. Thank you guys...I feel the love..

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your rant, Jonathan. It must be in the air, because I just ranted to my friends the other day as well...about stupid kids, processed cheese, adults who don't know the difference between their and they're, and spousal ear and nose hair. Great to be on the receiving end of it!

    Many thanks for keeping us all posted. I love your food pics- I hope you're picking up recipes- would love to swap some when you get home!

    Schmoochies to you!
    Angelalalalala

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of less fortunate people use God as a crutch. It is easy for people to sit and wait on God to give them what they pray for; however, if they would use the ability God gave them most people could accomplish almost anything they wanted. It was god to see and talk to you today, glad you are enjoying your trip and keep learning…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I am thoroughly enjoying your posts because you are NOT sugar-coating anything. You're giving things to us as you are experiencing it, and that's what it's all about, in my opinion. So keep it comin', dude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This can be done for the benefit of self and others. If anyone is looking for Psychic who can help them in their bad times meet Evidential Mediumship

    ReplyDelete